Please register or Login
MuskieFIRST | WalleyeFIRST | SalmonFIRST | IceFishing | WhitetailFIRST | BassFIRST | OutdoorsFIRST Upload
Lake of the Woods Tourism

Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> I want to fish Georgian Bay

Message Subject: I want to fish Georgian Bay
Mudpuppy
Posted 12/7/2017 5:08 PM (#886321)
Subject: I want to fish Georgian Bay

At 73 I'm running out of time. I can cast 1/2 a day and troll all day. All my life I have wanted to fish this historic water. I have fished LOTW and Lac Seul over the years, but not Georgian Bay. Would be nice to get several forum pards together and enjoy a trip to a true wilderness and chance at a fish of a lifetime.
I don't know where to stay and I don't know a reliable guide.

Any interest?

Mudpuppy
Tiger222
Posted 12/8/2017 3:35 AM (#886357 - in reply to #886321)
Subject: RE: I want to fish Georgian Bay

Mudpuppy - 12/7/2017 5:08 PM

At 73 I'm running out of time. I can cast 1/2 a day and troll all day. All my life I have wanted to fish this historic water. I have fished LOTW and Lac Seul over the years, but not Georgian Bay. Would be nice to get several forum pards together and enjoy a trip to a true wilderness and chance at a fish of a lifetime.
I don't know where to stay and I don't know a reliable guide.

Any interest?

Mudpuppy

Have you read 120 days? The author stays at a lot of resorts and fishes with numerous guides.
Emptynet
Posted 12/9/2017 10:01 AM (#886466 - in reply to #886321)
Subject: RE: I want to fish Georgian Bay

My wife & fished Georgian Bay out of Port Severn, ON 2 years ago with Graham Bristow. The southern end of the bay is anything but wilderness, but there is fishable structure almost everywhere you look. We had action from 6 muskies & my wife caught a 3ft pike. We only fished 1 day & the weather worked against us. A huge 4hr thunderstorm rolled through the night before & by 8AM (post cold front) we had 15 to 20mph NW winds and rapidly clearing skies. The Kawarthas are about an hour & a half drive from Port Severn and could add some variety to your fishing adventure.
muskie-don58
Posted 12/9/2017 3:28 PM (#886496 - in reply to #886321)
Subject: Re: I want to fish Georgian Bay

I'm old too , let's go
Dan111
Posted 12/9/2017 4:23 PM (#886504 - in reply to #886321)

http://www.ontariomusky.com <————

geo bay is a super complex muskie fishery. For a first timer i would suggest using a guide
horsehunter
Posted 12/9/2017 7:46 PM (#886527 - in reply to #886321)

Graham Bristow I believe has stopped guiding there was talk of someone taking over for him. Shawn Mahar ( Hoser )has guided Honey Harbour , Severn Sound for over 25 years but from September on. In July and early Aug he fishes salmon on Lake Ontario

Edited by horsehunter 12/9/2017 7:47 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Tamarack Lodge

(Delete all cookies set by this site)