Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Need Help searching for Tiger Muskie lakes in Colorado

Message Subject: Need Help searching for Tiger Muskie lakes in Colorado
ewism
Posted 1/16/2017 11:46 AM (#846370)
Subject: Need Help searching for Tiger Muskie lakes in Colorado

I know that the tiger muskie is a hybrid but Colorado is only a days drive for me and I would like to try and fish for the tiger muskie they stock there. Does anybody have any information about the lakes in Colorado for tiger muskie. I'm visiting my son who lives in Westminster, CO and want to fish for the tiger muskie. Its going to be a quick there and back trip so want to maximize the fishing time Reg in SoCal
ToddM
Posted 1/16/2017 12:59 PM (#846374 - in reply to #846370)
Subject: Re: Need Help searching for Tiger Muskie lakes in Colorado

I would check the dnr website to see if they still stock them. The state does not consider them a gamefish and were stocked to control other fish populations.
ewism
Posted 1/16/2017 5:32 PM (#846401 - in reply to #846374)

Right they were introduced initially to control sucker populations and some lakes and reservoirs have stopped stocking. The tiger was liking the trout too much. LOL I have read reports of stockings in 2016 for some reservoirs and see them listed in weekly fishing reports. Havent found a 2017 stocking schedule. They see the tiger as another target species for the fishing community. I'll be trying for them when I get there and if I strike out there is always the Walleye and Sauger.. The bag limit for the tiger is one with a 36" minimum size limit. I cant see why anyone would keep it! Reg in SoCal
ewism
Posted 1/16/2017 5:35 PM (#846402 - in reply to #846374)

I did see a lake in New Mexico that was stocking them.

Edited by ewism 1/16/2017 5:53 PM
SummerSchool
Posted 1/16/2017 6:31 PM (#846412 - in reply to #846402)

Pinewood Reservoir up past Carter Lake Reservoir has them. It is just outside of Loveland, CO. It's tiny, and a no-wake lake.
ewism
Posted 1/16/2017 8:26 PM (#846424 - in reply to #846412)

Thanks SummerSchool I'll make sure to go by that one. The other ones I read about are Deewese, Clear Creek and Harvey Gap. It's going to be a short trip so probably pick one to concentrate my efforts. Reg in SoCal
25homes
Posted 1/18/2017 12:31 PM (#846608 - in reply to #846412)

SummerSchool - 1/16/2017 6:31 PM

Pinewood Reservoir up past Carter Lake Reservoir has them. It is just outside of Loveland, CO. It's tiny, and a no-wake lake.

Ive never seen a tiger come out of Pinewood and I lived there for 12years fished Pinewood every year now Lon Hagler which is right in the same area def has Tigers in it...No one really fishes them either I have seen 1 guy fishing them ever out there and we was bobber fishing them with Hot Dog...Seems only time they are caught is when Trout fisherman has his catch turned into Musky Lunch on the reel in but they are def in that lake no doubt...right on the south end of Loveland about a 25-30 min drive from where you are gonna be...there are also some good Pike lakes in the Mountains as well....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)