Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Ft. Myers Fishing

Message Subject: Ft. Myers Fishing
musky1969
Posted 1/31/2016 2:08 PM (#802186)
Subject: Ft. Myers Fishing

Going to be down south of there end of February looking for some good fishing who do you recommend and for what! !!! Thanks
Darren
Propster
Posted 1/31/2016 2:48 PM (#802194 - in reply to #802186)
Subject: Re: Ft.Myers fihing

Hamernick will be down at Marco in Feb and March and I'm trying to get my kid hooked up with him for a day. He graduated from college early and went down there to stay with his uncle for awhile as a treat. Brad Hoppe tells me that Jon Sebold is awfully good as well. Not sure where Ben Olsen fishes but if you can reach him he'd be good too.
Ben Olsen
Posted 1/31/2016 3:50 PM (#802201 - in reply to #802186)

Sebold(sfpoutfitters) is usually out of Everglades City that time of year. He is also the most experienced(by far). I'm out of Marco Island (about an hour south of Ft. Myers) and Jason will be back and forth between Ft Myers and Marco. The ultimate that time of year is Tarpon in the Everglades! Jon Sebold is licensed to fish in the park and Jason and I aren't. If its warm that's the ticket! If it's cold(by FL standards low 70s is cold) and you don't wanna drive too far Jason or I could save you a few $.
musky1969
Posted 2/1/2016 11:52 AM (#802343 - in reply to #802186)

Ben,
Sounds good be looking for Feb. 20 or 21 for 2 couples shoot me some details.
Thanks
Darren
bobbie
Posted 2/1/2016 6:38 PM (#802435 - in reply to #802186)

Fished with Ben and SFP capt Todd Hadley had a great time. They know what is going on
detroithardcore
Posted 2/4/2016 2:07 PM (#802984 - in reply to #802186)
Subject: Re: Ft. Myers Fishing

Captain Jon Sebold and Captain Todd Hadley with SFP Fishing Outfitters. These guys don't only just fish the Everglades. They fish where the fish are. I've been fishing with Jon and Todd for 5 years now, 30 days a year and we will run very far south as well as very far north from home base Marco Island and catch fish. Jon and Todd have 38-40 years combined chasing Tarpon and other species from Everglades, 10,000 Islands, Marco and North. These boys get it done. It's simple....of your ever in, around or near the SW Florida area and SFP Fishing Outfitters have time then you need to fish with them! They gentleman are amazing guides and a riot on the boat! I'm going on my 6th year fishing down there and wont't fish with anyone else...Jon and Todd are class acts! Hands down!
Aaron B
Posted 2/5/2016 9:35 AM (#803097 - in reply to #802186)

I'm heading down the week after Easter myself and was looking for guides in the same area. Anyone know what type of fish are biting down there the last week of March/first week of April. Really wanted to take my father-in-law fishing with someone. We will be staying in Fort Myers area. Jon looks to be an hour or so away from there so that could be an option, but just wondering what I might be fishing for.

Edited by Aaron B 2/5/2016 9:36 AM
MstormC
Posted 2/5/2016 10:39 PM (#803210 - in reply to #802186)

Might be an interesting spring down there this year with them dumping water from lake O

I was down there two years ago and went with callosahatchee cowboy. Josh did an awesome job considering I called him the night before and booked a half day trip and got three 90+# tarpon.

Edited by MstormC 2/6/2016 8:01 AM
musky1969
Posted 2/6/2016 9:36 AM (#803250 - in reply to #802186)

Booked with Jon !!!
detroithardcore
Posted 2/7/2016 4:29 PM (#803472 - in reply to #802186)

March and April (weather depending) is awesome Tarpon fishing down there! I'll be down there for a week in Mid-March with the Fly Rod chasing giant Poons in shallow water! Marco Island from Ft. Meyers is not a long ride at all and totally worth it! That's what I do 4-5 times each year. I fly into Ft. Meyers, rent a cheap car and within 45 minutes in on Marco Island. If you hook up with SFP and Captain Jon or Todd then you'll meet at Jon's house in Naples. Hop in with him and ride down into the Everglades and they take care of the rest. Totally worth it! You discover a part of our country that really is breathtaking!

Musky1969, you made the right call! These guys are awesome! Tell'em Scott says to "leave me some fish". Good luck and have a blast. If weather and fish are in good moods your mind will truly be blown! Seriously! Also, if it's "off the hook" you'll start to forget the Muskie fishing and find every possible way to get back down there and chase Poons! I was just there in November, going in March, June with a Fly Rod. Yes you can catch them without a fly...I'll also be back there in Oct and Nov. I've significantly limited my Fall Muskie chasing because the Poon fishing is remarkable!
musky1969
Posted 2/24/2016 7:20 AM (#807228 - in reply to #802186)

Fished yesterday with Jon and all I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tarpon fishing on musky tackle in the Everglades is something any musky guy needs to do Wife and I hooked up with about 6 to 8 giant fish 125lbs to 150 lbs had 1 150 lbs on for a great 33 min battle and got it next to boat. We are booking every yesr, thanks to all who suggested Jon & SPF FISHING OUTFITTERS
Darren
detroithardcore
Posted 2/24/2016 8:37 AM (#807234 - in reply to #802186)

Great job!! I heard about it last night chatting with Jon. Great job! I told ya!! It's beyond amazing fishing!!
bobbie
Posted 2/25/2016 6:23 PM (#807465 - in reply to #807234)

looking forward to my trip with Capt Todd Hadley and Capt Ben Olsen in April you Muskie guys that have never done this have no idea what a good fight is
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)