Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Some suggestions for wisconsin waters and lodges PLEASE!

Message Subject: Some suggestions for wisconsin waters and lodges PLEASE!
Natureboy
Posted 4/2/2015 11:43 AM (#762992 - in reply to #762119)
Subject: Re: Some suggestions for wisconsin waters and lodges PLEASE!

I've read some reviews of the two lakes and it sounds like a lot of 30"-39" muskies. Are there bigger fish in them or are they more of a numbers lake?
ToddM
Posted 4/2/2015 1:22 PM (#763006 - in reply to #762119)

There are numbers and a shot at a decent fish. Good walleyes, big smallmouth, some pike too a few are nice. Great crappies.
Strawberry
Posted 4/2/2015 1:37 PM (#763010 - in reply to #762119)
Subject: RE: Some suggestions for wisconsin waters and lodges PLEASE!

Pointer is spot on. Telling her you are going is actually much better than asking, where you only have x % of a chance she'll say yes.

But seriously, after the kid is born, you will have several months to get used to the new one being around. You should try to plan a couple short weekend trips here and there, to get her prepared for the long trip. Take her and the kids up to a cabin once or twice, and fish for a few hours very early in the morning, and then during the day take the oldest one for panfish, rounding out there day with a bbq, bedtime stories, and a sunset behind your topraider splash, before coming back to frisky time with the missus.

In terms of resorts in WI: If you are used to fishing the Canadien shield, you might want to even consider one of the flowages. Wherever you choose to stay in WI Musky country, there is always another lake nearby.

Edited by Strawberry 4/2/2015 1:39 PM
Musky Brian
Posted 4/2/2015 3:04 PM (#763023 - in reply to #762992)

Natureboy - 4/2/2015 11:43 AM

I've read some reviews of the two lakes and it sounds like a lot of 30"-39" muskies. Are there bigger fish in them or are they more of a numbers lake?

it's northern WI dude....your going to be extremely hard pressed to find lakes with decent action consistently producing over 40" fish.

which is why I mentioned to you earlier that trying to replace Canada with Hayward is going to be very disappointing to you once you get there....
Flambeauski
Posted 4/2/2015 3:46 PM (#763030 - in reply to #762119)

Check out the Hayward muskies inc. tourney results, lots of 30-39 inch fish, quite a few bigger too.
Having said that, a 50 out there would be a fish of a lifetime, worthy of induction into the HOF in Hayward.
dfkiii
Posted 4/2/2015 4:43 PM (#763035 - in reply to #762992)

Natureboy - 4/2/2015 11:43 AM

Definitely a numbers lake, but probably best described as a multi-species system as Todd pointed out. Crappies can be good but be aware that panfish regs are changing across Sawyer County this year so you may catch them, but you'll be allowed to keep far fewer - I think I read the daily bag on these lakes is now 10. Walleye regs also changed this year, not sure what the new regs are.
dfkiii
Posted 4/2/2015 4:45 PM (#763036 - in reply to #763030)

Flambeauski - 4/2/2015 3:46 PM
Having said that, a 50 out there would be a fish of a lifetime, worthy of induction into the HOF in Hayward.

Haven't you heard ? In Hayward 50 is the new 65.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)