Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Marco Island/10,000 Island Tarpon Trip

Message Subject: Marco Island/10,000 Island Tarpon Trip
detroithardcore
Posted 3/28/2015 10:18 PM (#762046)
Subject: Marco Island/10,000 Island Tarpon Trip

Headed back down again to chase spring Tarpon with SFP Fishing Outfitters. I fish with Captain Jon Sebold and Captain Todd Hadley 20-30 days each year for the last 3 years and never disappointed. This trip for me was an exclusive "Tarpon on Fly" trip. We fish for them all ways (plug,live bait,sight casting and fly) but this time I wanted to set a goal and catch them on Fly. It's the pinnacle of angling. Such a challenge!! Some of the most difficult fishing on the planet. Jon and Todd went above and beyond the call. These guys both DEFINE what real guiding is all about. They worked so hard each day on the poling platform and boat to put me in the very best position to catch giant Tarpon that nobody on Marco Island is chasing. 4 days of strictly Fly and I hooked 13 fish. If I was a perfect Fly caster I could have hooked 100 fish. They put me on Tarpon that had zero pressure. We caught them laid up or cruising in the Salt and also caught them in the backcountry. Fish in the 80-150# range. I even caught fish I could not see due to sun reflections on the bow that they could see and they walked me right through the location, distance and strips of fly and when the fish ate. The biggest I landed was 130# on a 11 wt and 60# Shock Tippet. Again Captain Jon and Captain Todd were dialed in as usual and it's true privilege to share the boat with these guys. These two are the best guides and anglers around. What I've learned from them the last 3 years is amazing. Nobody knows the waters off Marco Island, 10,000 Islands and Everglades like these guys. Again a very successful Tarpon trip and absolute blast watching these fish put holes in the ocean! For anyone interested in stepping away from Muskie for a bit should consider a trip down there with SFP Fishing Outfitters. I can't wait till June Poons!!!
bobbie
Posted 3/29/2015 9:00 AM (#762095 - in reply to #762046)
Subject: RE: Marco Island/10,000 Island Tarpon Trip

Sounds like a blast. 11 more days cant wait
JLR
Posted 3/30/2015 10:19 PM (#762543 - in reply to #762046)
Subject: Re: Marco Island/10,000 Island Tarpon Trip

I took your advice and fished with Jon. Great time, not as much success on our trip though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)