Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Three Lakes help

Message Subject: Three Lakes help
Clammer
Posted 1/26/2015 6:15 PM (#750456)
Subject: Three Lakes help

Heading to Three Lakes this Summer as my son is working at a camp in the area. So I plan on visiting him a few times (or more!!) and want to bring the boat and hit the water. I did a search but did not find much of anything on Long Lake. Any info would be a great help.
Thanks!
jlong
Posted 1/27/2015 11:51 AM (#750550 - in reply to #750456)
Subject: RE: Three Lakes help

Three Lakes is a fun place to fish. I would plan to fish the entire system and not limit yourself to Long Lake. Long has the most abundant weeds, so its a great place to start. All your traditional musky stuff works, and no real need for the big stuff. Cover water and you'll find some fish. Good luck.
BenR
Posted 1/27/2015 12:21 PM (#750559 - in reply to #750456)
Subject: Re: Three Lakes help

Really nice mid lake humps on Long and also the entrance to the thoroughfare is great, but pretty much the whole lake holds fish.
Clammer
Posted 1/28/2015 9:57 AM (#750657 - in reply to #750456)

Thanks Ben and Jlong. I am not sure how much time I will have to fish, so I was going to concentrate on Long since that is where I will be staying. That way if I just have a short window to fish, I can make the most of it instead of driving a bunch.
Looks like the nearest launch is way up by the dam??
7.3 dave
Posted 1/28/2015 11:36 AM (#750672 - in reply to #750456)

launch on three lakes kind of sucks, the one by the dam is better but have to navigate the channel then, planting ground is good fishing, and rangeline and townline are also pretty decent, I spend multiple wknds every year fishing those lakes and really like the area, there are big fish but your average size is about the same as eagle river chain
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)