Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Winterization Q & A with Sea Foam, Announcement!

Frozen
Message Subject: Winterization Q & A with Sea Foam, Announcement!
sworrall
Posted 11/3/2014 9:56 AM (#738292 - in reply to #737531)
Subject: Re: Winterization Q & A with Sea Foam, ask your top 'how to winterize my outboard' question and WIN!

Keep the questions coming!
Flambeauski
Posted 11/3/2014 10:46 AM (#738301 - in reply to #737531)
Subject: Re: Winterization Q & A with Sea Foam, ask your top 'how to winterize my outboard' question and WIN!

Question:Can I use fuel with ethanol (in my outboard) if I treat it with Sea Foam?
Is there a significant increase in fuel efficiency after Sea Foam treatment?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: Whether you can or should use ethanol will invite different answers. You can, anyway. Just like a modern automobile, a modern outboard’s parts and materials can handle ethanol fuel if replenished within 30 days or less. Older fuel systems don’t have the same corrosion resistant materials. Refer to your manufacturer’s recommendation or requirements.

Sea Foam will always benefit the fuel system no matter what fuel you’re burning. Sea Foam helps to recover lost fuel economy, but cannot increase the fuel economy of a healthy engine.
rich
Posted 11/3/2014 8:02 PM (#738365 - in reply to #737531)
Subject: RE: Winterization Q & A with Sea Foam, ask your top 'how to winterize my outboard' question and WIN!

Question: Will Sea Foam guarantee or stand behind any problems that may arise in the spring with the outboard motor with the use of the product?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: On every can:

“GUARANTEED: SEA FOAM IS SOLD ON THE BASIS OF… YOUR MONEY’S WORTH OR YOUR MONEY BACK.”

Would you really buy or consume a product that you believe could cause harm?

“…any problems” can imply anything, or any cause, or any event… We trust that you intended, “if it were determined that a product caused the harm…” Regardless, please contact our site’s ‘Ask Jim’ feature if you wish to expand or clarify. You always deserve a clear answer to a clear question. That goes for anyone who ever has a question!

dfkiii
Posted 11/4/2014 5:14 PM (#738481 - in reply to #737531)

Question: I've been using Seafoam for my Mercury 4 stroke outboard and Stabil for my two stroke yard tools (chainsaws, trimmers, etc.) for years. I'd like to simplify the process - can I switch over to use only Seafoam in all of my gas powered equipment ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes - After you switch to Sea Foam, use the engines as you do while paying attention to how much quicker and easier your 2-strokes will start and go right to high operating RPM without warm up. This is where the rubber meets the road – Sea Foam works, and it’s clearly evident to those familiar with their engine equipment! No matter, please don’t take our word for it, use it.

goose007us
Posted 11/4/2014 10:13 PM (#738521 - in reply to #737531)

Question: I have an older but sweet running 1987 Mercury 115 inline 6 "tower of power". Is there anything specific I should do when it comes to winterizing this old girl and her multiple carbs compared to the new injected motors?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: Please see response to FAT-SKI. Your engine intake is very accessible. To answer specifically, add Sea Foam Motor Treatment to your tank, try Sea foam Spray in the carbs and plugs holes, then pay attention to how things start out when you’re ready to run your motor next spring.
sworrall
Posted 11/5/2014 12:25 AM (#738526 - in reply to #737531)

Thanks much, everyone, for the questions!

A Sea Foam expert will answer the questions in a few days!
sworrall
Posted 11/5/2014 2:04 PM (#738606 - in reply to #738526)

Questions from WalleyeFIRST!

limitout

Question: I winterized my boat last winter 2013/2014 with seafoam as I do every year. My question is, I had surgery this year and was unable to get the boat in the water this year. Should it be ok to go after this winter 2014/2015? Should I just add a little more seafoam to the fuel?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:This is a great example of what can happen when unexpected health and other life circumstances will cause five months of winter storage to turn into two years. If it helps, we do know that Sea Foam will stabilize fuel for at least two years. If you have any tank space, adding Sea Foam to fresh fuel will help more than anything. Even if there’s no room for more fuel you should be fine. Get well!

FishnFool

Question: I used Seafoam for years then was told that it had a large amount of alcohol in it is this true

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: Always feel free to contact Sea Foam and we’ll be pleased to tell you the truth. In this case, whatever you were told is not true.

Please see responses to SteveHulbert and mnmusky.

Rangervs620

Question: Why doesn't Seafoam make a more user friendly can to dispense and accurately measure volume? That is the main reason I use their competitors.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: We appreciate anyone’s preference for packaging design. You asked a reasonable question and we owe you an answer. If Sea Foam, or Coca-Cola, or Mrs. Butterworth’s pancake syrup gave up their bottle to do the same as other products, we’d be like a tiger wanting to give up his stripes. We wouldn’t be a tiger anymore. That’s one important part of it. But most importantly, it’s what’s on the inside that counts.
sworrall
Posted 11/5/2014 2:23 PM (#738609 - in reply to #738606)

ANNOUNCEMENT

Sea Foam wishes to express our sincere thanks to the entire OutdoorsFIRST community for allowing us to share your viewer space.

Now that the Sea Foam Q&A contest has ended, Sea Foam will use the approaching days to post a response to each of the 30+ questions submitted. So, please come back in a few days to review the answers!

PRIZES & INSTRUCTIONS

To extend our appreciation, we’ve decided to issue prizes to ALL of the Outdoors First members that posted a question to Sea Foam during the contest dates.

To all of you who submitted a Sea Foam Q&A question on Muskie First and Walleye First, please send a personal email to [email protected] Be sure to include your OutdoorsFIRST user profile name, real name, phone, and ship-to address. Emails to redeem prizes must be received and verified by 14 NOV. Prizes will ship upon receipt.

With appreciation,

Brian @ Sea Foam
sworrall
Posted 11/19/2014 3:03 PM (#740826 - in reply to #738609)

Sea Foam again wishes to thank the entire OutdoorsFIRST community – We are very pleased to be part of the kind treatment and attention shared!

Going forward, if anyone has any further questions about Sea Foam products in the future or wishes to expand on any of the topics shown in the Q&A responses, please go to SeaFoamSales.com and click on the “Ask Jim” feature.

It is always our intent and commitment to provide real and meaningful insights to real world questions!

Tight Lines,

Brian @ Sea Foam

sworrall
Posted 1/11/2015 9:31 PM (#747950 - in reply to #740826)

TI Camo special spilt grip Rod Winner selected by random draw and announced!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)