Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wisconsin Trolling ??

Frozen
Message Subject: Wisconsin Trolling ??
wall i
Posted 5/28/2015 7:32 PM (#770451 - in reply to #768903)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin Trolling ??

Exactly what those who know you call you behind your back...
tuffy1
Posted 5/31/2015 6:07 PM (#770762 - in reply to #768814)
Subject: RE: Wisconsin Trolling ??

While redoing the deck in my boat, I actually added a new cup holder to the port side for the passenger I have to make sure is joining me in the boat while I troll this year.

Along with that, I found some cup holders that fit on your belt as well. We'll have 2 free hands once I dial in the minn kota so I will have room for a drink in both hands, and can easily stow them when we get a rip.

Sled, I'll be up on the 5th of July.......Monster quest?
Johnnie
Posted 5/31/2015 7:59 PM (#770773 - in reply to #770762)
Subject: RE: Wisconsin Trolling ??

A must have for the new trolling in northern WI

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1060571140639389

ARmuskyaddict
Posted 6/1/2015 9:51 AM (#770822 - in reply to #768814)

You guys are overthinking things...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(download.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments download.jpg (10KB - 356 downloads)
Jerry Newman
Posted 6/1/2015 12:42 PM (#770853 - in reply to #770822)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin Trolling !!!

Muskie fishermen over-think something… HA!

I like that unit https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1060571140639389 better than the one pictured that a good friend of mine made from scratch, it clips to the line instead though (black box not in use).

Anyone have contact information to purchase one of those?

Edited by Jerry Newman 6/1/2015 1:00 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(5-25-2015.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 5-25-2015.jpg (60KB - 360 downloads)
jerryb
Posted 6/2/2015 12:42 PM (#770994 - in reply to #768814)

Love it!! I'll take 2

Edited by jerryb 6/2/2015 12:43 PM
jonnysled
Posted 6/2/2015 1:23 PM (#771003 - in reply to #770994)

why not just hire someone to go catch you a fish?? ... oh yeah ...
Jerry Newman
Posted 6/2/2015 3:48 PM (#771035 - in reply to #771003)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin Trolling Tradition

Because we want to start a new auto jigger trolling tradition in the Northwoods… the new models have retractable cup holders.

castmaster
Posted 6/2/2015 4:21 PM (#771039 - in reply to #770185)

tfootstalker - 5/26/2015 6:29 PM

Tragedy of the commons.
From a merely selfish perspective mind you. While it likely will not cause a tragedy in terms of depleting a fishery, I can't help but wonder how it would affect me (if i still lived there). Lots of angles and analogies to describe what I'm talking about. A fish you catch/keep is one I cannot. Jig and minnows and slip corks catch plenty of fish, and certainly are the best tools in certain times of the year. But I'm here to tell you boys Lindy Rigs, Slow Death, spinners, etc. are going to put more walleyes in anglers creels without question. Motivated anglers will find out big muskies aren't the only big fish that spend time in the basin on those little Cisco puddles...

A fish you sore mouth towing a depth raider while eating a sammich at noon today is not one I can catch casting the basin tomorrow. (This ought to be good to keep this going).. I for one believe ONE of the reasons Muskie fishing in MN was extraordinary is because suckers were rarely used. A neutral fish you catch on a sucker today is not one I can catch on a hard bait in two days when she turns on. I'm selfish. When I fish, I want to catch as many as I can. Maybe I'm just a jaded jerk. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling to know you caught a bunch of fish. Some folks on here used to share patterns and even (shore) spots on this very board. They were warned. They called us selfish. "We're supposed to share our sport" they said. "It's all about helping other anglers" they said. Shucks. They got burned. Their shore spots were burned and shared with the rest of the University. Play time was over...

Just another viewpoint I haven't seen expressed yet.

Let her rip...

And yet MN was "extraordinary" while BOTH trolling was legal and practiced by many. Sucker fishing was/is legal in MN of course, just not much incentive with the 1 line law. Yet, from little 200 acre lakes to BIG water, there are still fish to be had and both methods have been legal longer than most of us on here have been fishing. Hmmmm

And a fish you catch on a hardbait today may be one I won't be able to catch on topwater in 2 days when she turns on? So perhaps YOU shouldn't fish the baits you like? But I suppose your just more important than the next guy right? The glorious "ME" generation, lol.

Edited by castmaster 6/2/2015 4:25 PM
jonnysled
Posted 6/2/2015 4:42 PM (#771045 - in reply to #771039)

^ you are aware the key compromise from 3 lines per angler to a limit of 2 per boat regardless of how many anglers are in it, right?

you can edit now ...
Pointerpride102
Posted 6/2/2015 4:46 PM (#771046 - in reply to #770185)

Tragedy of the commons.
From a merely selfish perspective mind you. While it likely will not cause a tragedy in terms of depleting a fishery, I can't help but wonder how it would affect me (if i still lived there). Lots of angles and analogies to describe what I'm talking about. A fish you catch/keep is one I cannot. Jig and minnows and slip corks catch plenty of fish, and certainly are the best tools in certain times of the year. But I'm here to tell you boys Lindy Rigs, Slow Death, spinners, etc. are going to put more walleyes in anglers creels without question. Motivated anglers will find out big muskies aren't the only big fish that spend time in the basin on those little Cisco puddles...

A fish you sore mouth towing a depth raider while eating a sammich at noon today is not one I can catch casting the basin tomorrow. (This ought to be good to keep this going).. I for one believe ONE of the reasons Muskie fishing in MN was extraordinary is because suckers were rarely used. A neutral fish you catch on a sucker today is not one I can catch on a hard bait in two days when she turns on. I'm selfish. When I fish, I want to catch as many as I can. Maybe I'm just a jaded jerk. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling to know you caught a bunch of fish. Some folks on here used to share patterns and even (shore) spots on this very board. They were warned. They called us selfish. "We're supposed to share our sport" they said. "It's all about helping other anglers" they said. Shucks. They got burned. Their shore spots were burned and shared with the rest of the University. Play time was over...

Let her rip...

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side....
Cfollow
Posted 6/2/2015 9:32 PM (#771078 - in reply to #770185)

Tragedy of the commons.

Let her rip...

The reason the MN fishery was extraordinary was because of the "new resevoir syndrome" not because of little to no sucker fishing. SMH
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how many fish I have caught. If you want to get your arse handed to you in November casting be my guest. I'll be the guy posting pics of 50"s.
ToddM
Posted 6/3/2015 4:57 AM (#771099 - in reply to #771078)

Cfollow - 6/2/2015 9:32 PM

Tragedy of the commons.

Let her rip...

The reason the MN fishery was extraordinary was because of the "new resevoir syndrome" not because of little to no sucker fishing. SMH
I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how many fish I have caught. If you want to get your arse handed to you in November casting be my guest. I'll be the guy posting pics of 50"s.

It takes a good life cycle of a muskie for a lake to balance out and become what it will be.
tfootstalker
Posted 6/4/2015 7:51 AM (#771264 - in reply to #771039)

castmaster - 6/2/2015 4:21 PM
tfootstalker - 5/26/2015 6:29 PM Tragedy of the commons. From a merely selfish perspective mind you. While it likely will not cause a tragedy in terms of depleting a fishery, I can't help but wonder how it would affect me (if i still lived there). Lots of angles and analogies to describe what I'm talking about. A fish you catch/keep is one I cannot. Jig and minnows and slip corks catch plenty of fish, and certainly are the best tools in certain times of the year. But I'm here to tell you boys Lindy Rigs, Slow Death, spinners, etc. are going to put more walleyes in anglers creels without question. Motivated anglers will find out big muskies aren't the only big fish that spend time in the basin on those little Cisco puddles... A fish you sore mouth towing a depth raider while eating a sammich at noon today is not one I can catch casting the basin tomorrow. (This ought to be good to keep this going).. I for one believe ONE of the reasons Muskie fishing in MN was extraordinary is because suckers were rarely used. A neutral fish you catch on a sucker today is not one I can catch on a hard bait in two days when she turns on. I'm selfish. When I fish, I want to catch as many as I can. Maybe I'm just a jaded jerk. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling to know you caught a bunch of fish. Some folks on here used to share patterns and even (shore) spots on this very board. They were warned. They called us selfish. "We're supposed to share our sport" they said. "It's all about helping other anglers" they said. Shucks. They got burned. Their shore spots were burned and shared with the rest of the University. Play time was over... Just another viewpoint I haven't seen expressed yet. Let her rip...

And yet MN was "extraordinary" while BOTH trolling was legal and practiced by many. Sucker fishing was/is legal in MN of course, just not much incentive with the 1 line law. Yet, from little 200 acre lakes to BIG water, there are still fish to be had and both methods have been legal longer than most of us on here have been fishing. Hmmmm And a fish you catch on a hardbait today may be one I won't be able to catch on topwater in 2 days when she turns on? So perhaps YOU shouldn't fish the baits you like? But I suppose your just more important than the next guy right? The glorious "ME" generation, lol.

Trolling open water is (just barely) still a "new" thing in MN.  

Being legal and people doing it are two different things.  We could also debate wether or not it was legal actually.  Before they changed the rule it was illegal to transport live suckers longer than 12".

You'd certainly catch that fish on your topwater if I never came to your lake.  Is the next guy more important than me?  No.  No he's not.  Do we all deserve equal portions?  Are all species equally socialized then?

tfootstalker
Posted 6/4/2015 7:54 AM (#771267 - in reply to #771078)

tfootstalker - 5/26/2015 6:29 PM Tragedy of the commons. From a merely selfish perspective mind you. While it likely will not cause a tragedy in terms of depleting a fishery, I can't help but wonder how it would affect me (if i still lived there). Lots of angles and analogies to describe what I'm talking about. A fish you catch/keep is one I cannot. Jig and minnows and slip corks catch plenty of fish, and certainly are the best tools in certain times of the year. But I'm here to tell you boys Lindy Rigs, Slow Death, spinners, etc. are going to put more walleyes in anglers creels without question. Motivated anglers will find out big muskies aren't the only big fish that spend time in the basin on those little Cisco puddles... A fish you sore mouth towing a depth raider while eating a sammich at noon today is not one I can catch casting the basin tomorrow. (This ought to be good to keep this going).. I for one believe ONE of the reasons Muskie fishing in MN was extraordinary is because suckers were rarely used. A neutral fish you catch on a sucker today is not one I can catch on a hard bait in two days when she turns on. I'm selfish. When I fish, I want to catch as many as I can. Maybe I'm just a jaded jerk. I just don't get a warm fuzzy feeling to know you caught a bunch of fish. Some folks on here used to share patterns and even (shore) spots on this very board. They were warned. They called us selfish. "We're supposed to share our sport" they said. "It's all about helping other anglers" they said. Shucks. They got burned. Their shore spots were burned and shared with the rest of the University. Play time was over... Just another viewpoint I haven't seen expressed yet. Let her rip...
The reason the MN fishery was extraordinary was because of the "new resevoir syndrome" not because of little to no sucker fishing. SMH I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how many fish I have caught. If you want to get your arse handed to you in November casting be my guest. I'll be the guy posting pics of 50"s.

So just that ONE reason only?  I'm the one shaking my head...

Yes.  We all look forward to your yearly pictures from Harriet, Calhoun and Minnetonka.   I don't know how many are 50" though.

Cfollow
Posted 6/7/2015 3:15 PM (#771569 - in reply to #771267)

tfootstalker - 6/4/2015 7:54 AM

The reason the MN fishery was extraordinary was because of the "new resevoir syndrome" not because of little to no sucker fishing. SMH I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how many fish I have caught. If you want to get your arse handed to you in November casting be my guest. I'll be the guy posting pics of 50"s.

So just that ONE reason only?  I'm the one shaking my head...

Yes.  We all look forward to your yearly pictures from Harriet, Calhoun and Minnetonka.   I don't know how many are 50" though.

Yes, just the one reason. Are you convincing yourself the reason lakes like Vermillion, Mille Lacs, Minnetonka, Pelican and others have become more difficult for you to catch fish chucking lures is because of an increase in sucker fishing? Get real!!
P.s. More than you'd believe
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)