Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> LOTW musky strain(s)

Message Subject: LOTW musky strain(s)
Reggie54
Posted 6/4/2014 2:50 PM (#714083)
Subject: LOTW musky strain(s)

Curious if anyone knows what the strain, or strains, of muskies are in LOTW. I've seen silver, barred, green w/ no marks, some spotted, and all different looking types of muskies and not sure if they're the same strain, different strain, or it's more related to forage base or water clarity? Would be interesting to find out.
Musky Brian
Posted 7/1/2014 3:25 PM (#718705 - in reply to #714083)
Subject: RE: LOTW musky strain(s)

most of the big Canadian lakes up there have different strains...I have seen wide variations more so on Lac Seul and Eagle then LOTW, but the woods have different ones too. There's one strain in particular that seems to have an orangish/gold brighter glow to it's top side and those often seem to be big fish....a friend I had up there last year would refer to them as blond B#^#^es

Edited by Musky Brian 7/1/2014 3:29 PM
Medford Fisher
Posted 7/3/2014 10:38 PM (#719146 - in reply to #714083)
Subject: Re: LOTW musky strain(s)

Interesting...this same conversation came up when we were fishing the opener on LOTW this year. Brian, as soon as I read you talking about the gold/brighter glow back, I thought of big fish...then I finished reading your sentence. Only saw a few of those this year and they all happened to be on the last day. Two that were over 50" and one that was pushing it but not quite there...of course, didn't catch any of them.
Very interesting conversation.
Musky Brian
Posted 7/7/2014 12:50 PM (#719519 - in reply to #719146)
Subject: Re: LOTW musky strain(s)

Medford Fisher - 7/3/2014 10:38 PM

Interesting...this same conversation came up when we were fishing the opener on LOTW this year. Brian, as soon as I read you talking about the gold/brighter glow back, I thought of big fish...then I finished reading your sentence. Only saw a few of those this year and they all happened to be on the last day. Two that were over 50" and one that was pushing it but not quite there...of course, didn't catch any of them.
Very interesting conversation.

I've had issues sealing the deal on "those" as well....and they always come flying in and seem like they want to go!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)