Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rod ?'s

Message Subject: Rod ?'s
tr7
Posted 3/28/2012 9:11 PM (#549203)
Subject: Rod ?'s

I was hoping to get some help. I am currently in the market for a couple of new price point rods and have been talking with a couple of very helpful people on here about different brands, but want to get some more opinions.

What are your thoughts and or recommendations on the TI, Musky Innovations, and Okuma rods? Thanks for any help in advance.
620esox
Posted 3/28/2012 9:37 PM (#549208 - in reply to #549203)
Subject: RE: Rod ?'s

use both TI and MI rods.. never used an okuma. both have worked flawlessly!! nuff said.
Ray Fuller
Posted 3/28/2012 11:52 PM (#549223 - in reply to #549203)
Subject: Re: Rod ?'s

My Okuma Telescopics have been great and also have a lifetime warranty.
esoxaddict
Posted 3/29/2012 12:22 AM (#549225 - in reply to #549203)

I've only got one Okuma rod, but so far it has been as good as the other 6 rods I have, that cost nearly twice as much. The telescoping feature is really nice for fitting it in the truck, rod lockers, and my rod tube. It's a little heavier than the higher end rods, but for the price I feel it was a very good deal. Granted, I only have 4 fish up to 48" on it, so I can't really speak to longevity or the ability to handle a really big fish. But it works, and it was a LOT cheaper than all my other rods. I've had some issues with fraying line, but a tip top is what, $5?? The difference between that rod and a St Croix Legend Tournament rod, for example, is not noticable enough to justify the $200 difference in price. I've had limited experience with the MI rods. They do the trick. Never used a TI rod.

But that's me - I'd rather have 3-4 cheaper rods than one really expensive custom rod
esox1980
Posted 3/29/2012 7:38 AM (#549245 - in reply to #549203)

I own both TI and MI rods. Both are great and have never failed me. The MI rods can get you closer to specific applications and what you intend to throw or how you fish but IMOP the 9xh TI rod is the most versatile rod out there. If I fishing in my friends boats it's the only rod I think about grabbing.
jackson
Posted 3/29/2012 7:52 AM (#549246 - in reply to #549203)

i use both TI, MI and have a Okuma. I really like the TI rods for the price. I also have a MI rod (split grip 8'3") which i love. But overall, i would say one of the best is TI. I used them for everything. The okuma is okay, but its very top heavy. I don't use it much anymore. I like the rod, but a more balanced rod is what i prefer.
tr7
Posted 3/29/2012 9:09 AM (#549263 - in reply to #549203)

Thank you for the replys everyone.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)