Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Suckers and planer boards

Message Subject: Suckers and planer boards
Posted 10/23/2011 5:11 PM (#521758)
Subject: Suckers and planer boards

Been fishing a flow age where trolling is legal and have been catching a good amount of fish off of channel breaks. I've been dragging meat along the base of the break while casting to the top, in the past 2 years out of 50 fish in the boat only one a couple off came on suckers. The fish must be relating to the top of the break? As anyone ever ran a sucker on a planer? Breaks are steep with the boat positioned in 20 fow baits are landing in 5-8 fow. Going to try this before I just give up and just cast and cover more water in a day.
muskihntr
Posted 10/23/2011 5:49 PM (#521766 - in reply to #521758)
Subject: Re: Suckers and planer boards

Ive played around with the Dualfins and they seem to work well on smaller size suckers up to about 12 inches. I havent tried them on anything Large. I have some left over from shows last year if your interested, shoot me a PM.
Posted 10/23/2011 6:11 PM (#521771 - in reply to #521758)
Subject: RE: Suckers and planer boards

i doubt it's a problem of bait positioning. sounds like it's just a spot that casts better for some reason. suckers with planer boards is a royal pain and i'm not sure there is even a great way to do it, never seemed like a fish that wanted a sucker had any problem finding it or coming off structure to get it. i'd keep casting.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)