Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> New Motor Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: New Motor Question
jbmuskie
Posted 12/17/2006 11:25 AM (#226128)
Subject: New Motor Question

I recently got a new boat with a Suzuki 150 4 stroke. When I power trim it seems there a 2 different settings. If the motor is all of the way down it creeps up slowly and at about half way it trims at what I'm used to as normal speed. Also, as it creeps up it seems a little noisier than usual. Is this how it is supposed to work? I used to have a 40 hp and it always trimmed at the same rate. Thanks for your help.
Marc J
Posted 12/17/2006 11:58 AM (#226130 - in reply to #226128)
Subject: RE: New Motor Question

that's normal for your motor - most high HP motors have a second hydraulic as you described that provides more support and slower tilt rate than normal at the lower range of the tilt. the 'slow' range is the normal operating range of the motor when it's running and it's 'fast' range is less support but quicker to raise your motor up faster when you need to, like when you trailer your boat
VMS
Posted 12/17/2006 12:09 PM (#226133 - in reply to #226130)
Subject: RE: New Motor Question

Agree...to piggy back off that, the slow movement is the range for your motor's trim angle while under way.

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)