Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Morson area in September?

Message Subject: Morson area in September?
crazy cooter
Posted 2/19/2014 2:40 PM (#692573)
Subject: Morson area in September?

Thinking about planning a trip to the area in early Sept.? We have been fishing the area in mid to late July for the last 5 years +,but thinking about going back in September too. How is the algae bloom that time of year? Are the fish in the general areas as Late July to mid August? Thanks
Tamarack
Posted 2/20/2014 5:21 PM (#692879 - in reply to #692573)
Subject: Re: Morson area in September?

Hi there, i am by no means no expert but here are my limited observations over the last couple of years. They seem to be still quite shallow that time of year. Later at the end of September early October they move down to 10-15 feet of water. The bite seems to be more of a "rock" bite that time of year although it still may pay to visit weeds and sand. The last few years the bloom has not been bad at all. Maybe we are due for a good one. The good news is that it is pushed around by the wind quite a bit and likely will only affect maybe 25% of your spots. It is not a thick mat on our end of the lake in my experience.

Good luck.
Todd
IM Musky Time
Posted 2/23/2014 12:55 PM (#693459 - in reply to #692573)
Subject: Re: Morson area in September?

Hit a bad bloom the first time I was up there in September. You can usually find areas to get out of it, but it might mean a long boat ride. Bloom started a couple of days before we arrived in mid Sept. Varies year to year in different areas of LOTW, so hard to plan around it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)