Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Geography Quiz>>>

Message Subject: Geography Quiz>>>
Sponge
Posted 7/20/2004 2:48 PM (#112536)
Subject: Geography Quiz>>>

Has...anyone ever heard of Christmas Mountain(?) Resort, Wi., and if so, anyone ever go there?
ESOX Maniac
Posted 7/20/2004 2:58 PM (#112537 - in reply to #112536)
Subject: RE: Geography Quiz>>>

Sponger- Here ya go ;>
http://www.christmasmountainvillage.com/location.html

It's about 15 minutes from my house.

Al
Ghoti
Posted 7/20/2004 3:04 PM (#112538 - in reply to #112536)

Sponge, if it's the Christmas Mt. Village in Wisconsin Dells, be prepared for CROWDS. Biggest little town in the midwest. More peeps per square foot in the summer than downtown Hong Kong. If you don't mind long lines, lots of fun stuff to do.
lambeau
Posted 7/20/2004 3:49 PM (#112547 - in reply to #112536)

Christmas Mtn is just outside WI Dells, and roughly 14 minutes from my house (seeing how i live roughly 1 mile closer than Esox Maniac...)

i actually play in a golf league there every Wednesday night. it's a gorgeous resort, and very well run. they've got lots of different lodging options depending on budget, needs, etc. and 27 holes of really nice golfing. the resort is about 10 minutes outside of the town, so you're away from the crowds.

as for the Dells, they're not THAT busy, depending on when/where you go. i took some family down there yesterday and driving right down town we didn't have any delays. mind you, that was a monday afternoon, and not a saturday afternoon when it can get real bad. we also went to dinner at one of the more popular places, and only had to wait 25 minutes. again, monday night, not friday night...
plus, there's a REASON it gets busy - it's a pretty dang cool place.

but aside from all of that, Sponger...if you're coming, we're fishing!!!
(we'll go nail Esox Maniac's big fish out from under him on the river...)

Edited by lambeau 7/20/2004 3:50 PM
tuffy1
Posted 7/20/2004 4:33 PM (#112560 - in reply to #112547)

I think that is a resort that ole Johnny Morris owns. I listened to a time share spiel on my honeymoon (I had to get a $200 gift cert for BPS) It and the dude said that there is one in the Dells called Christmas Mountain that they own.

If it's anything like the resort in MO, it should rock. But it would be busy as stated above.
Sponge
Posted 7/20/2004 9:18 PM (#112595 - in reply to #112536)

Otay! Just wondering...saw a girl at the office a couple days ago that is the sister of a dude I grew up w/...asked how he was doing, and she said he was in Wi. I think he may be in management there, but can't remember exactly what she said, other than he was working there. If anyone happens to go by there, let me know, his name is Paul Booker...gracias...
MuskieMedic
Posted 7/20/2004 9:20 PM (#112596 - in reply to #112536)

I've golfed Christmas Mountain before, nice course.
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 7/20/2004 9:23 PM (#112597 - in reply to #112536)

Mr. Sponge, don't worry about the lines at the outdoor water parks......go in January! No waiting! You can even use your grits for better traction as you make your way from attraction to attraction!
Ranger
Posted 7/20/2004 9:32 PM (#112601 - in reply to #112597)

Did you say "Paul Booger"? If so, I can pick him out of a crowd for you, Sponge.
pgaschulz
Posted 7/20/2004 9:41 PM (#112602 - in reply to #112536)

Well I am a PGA Golf Professional and I did play Christmas Mt. I would much rather ski there but it was nice. If you are going to play golf there play Trappers Turn Golf Club, that is a real treat. There is some good fishing there below that dam there also. Go-Carts are a riot also....

PGASCHULZ
Sponge
Posted 7/21/2004 6:43 PM (#112722 - in reply to #112536)

Gracias peeps...I don't swing a club, but I'm sure Paul does. If you happen by there, ask for him and tell 'em Rik from home said hello. Saw him for the first time in over 30 yrs. this past spring...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)