Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Tuffy Boats

Reply New post
Message Subject: Tuffy Boats
Mike G
Posted 5/15/2018 6:14 AM (#906502)
Subject: Tuffy Boats

I understand Fiberdome sold Tuffy boats. Whats the future look like and are they currently building boats?
BNelson
Posted 5/15/2018 8:28 AM (#906515 - in reply to #906502)
Subject: Re: Tuffy Boats

from Tuffys facebook page:

Tuffy Boats by Fiberdome
May 11 at 8:10am ·
Good morning everyone!
As most of you have heard Tuffy Boats has been purchased from Fiber dome Inc. This acquired purchase has been in transition for almost a year however, information has been withheld for business reasons.The company has been purchased by Scott and Jessie Dufrane.
For those of you that know the new owners, they have been with Tuffy Boats since 1989. Starting out on the musky side with appearances in Paul’s pro Am and the Three lakes tournaments, Scott and Jessie have now been fishing the Walleye side for over 15years including M.W.C, Aim, Mercury Nationals, Otter Street, and other series. The pair averages 3-4 days a week in their boat which is currently the Osprey 2100 and have had the 1890, 2060, and others in the past.
From new owner:
I would like to reassure all of you that one of the main reasons I purchased Tuffy Boats is because
the following and loyalty of being a Tuffy owner. I did not want to see this company sold or dissolved, which is what made this an easy choice for me. The new home for Tuffy boats will be relocating to New London WI. We have a brand new 12,000-foot facility that we are preparing for startup the 1st week of June 2018.
The New London facility we be more centrally located for our customers. I will promise you that we are going to take this Company upward and address any issues that may have occurred in the past. I will share information with you as we move forward with this adventure.
Thank You and we look forward to working with all of you
Musky Brian
Posted 5/15/2018 10:39 AM (#906535 - in reply to #906502)

I know what my answer is about their future....but I’ll play nice and say “we’ll see”
jonnysled
Posted 5/15/2018 11:18 AM (#906537 - in reply to #906535)

i do business recovery work for a job and the first thing i see is immediate relocation that carries inherent risks. there is a heart beating in every business failing, successful or otherwise ... hope they know where it is and that whomever represents it wants to move to New London, WI.. otherwise it's just a logo going on a start-up.
muskyhunter07
Posted 5/15/2018 11:20 AM (#906538 - in reply to #906535)

Would have to agree.. Must be a pretty penny to afford a boat manufacturing plant. Engineering, quality assurance, over head, facilities.. List goes on. Hope the future holds well for them. Just have to wait and see.
North of 8
Posted 5/15/2018 4:51 PM (#906554 - in reply to #906502)

Just speculating but one advantage New London has is its proximity to the Recon plant in Iola, may be looking at poaching talent from them. Plus they are less than half an hour from Appleton and Oshkosh. Maybe some folks there with fiberglass manufacturing experience? Quite a leap of faith for these gentlemen. Hope it works out.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 5/15/2018 6:16 PM (#906557 - in reply to #906502)

Nobody knows the reason for the new plant. Likely as simple as Fiber Dome needs the space and a condition of the sale was re-locating. I have never met a businessman who intentionally scuttled a new business. Corporations........yes thats a different thing.
Re-locating isn't always a bad thing. I think if you ask the Warrior group they would say their new facility was a blessing for them.
Give the new guys a chance, I'm guessing they will bend over backwards to make this thing work for them.
sworrall
Posted 5/16/2018 12:44 PM (#906601 - in reply to #906502)

The reason for the new facility is a new owner. Fiberdome sold Tuffy Boats because the person who handled that division with OFM is retiring June 1. OutdoorsFIRST and I are no longer affiliated with Tuffy Boats or Fiberdome in any manner after that date.
bobbie
Posted 5/16/2018 5:44 PM (#906615 - in reply to #906601)

sworrall - 5/16/2018 12:44 PM

The reason for the new facility is a new owner. Fiberdome sold Tuffy Boats because the person who handled that division with OFM is retiring June 1. OutdoorsFIRST and I are no longer affiliated with Tuffy Boats or Fiberdome in any manner after that date.

Well that answers my question
Badgerpat1
Posted 5/16/2018 6:37 PM (#906617 - in reply to #906502)

I wish them well. I always wondered if Tuffy was impacted by being the "small" part of a growing fabrication business. Maybe new blood dedicated to fishing and fishing boats will help Tuffy survive and thrive.

Edited by Badgerpat1 5/16/2018 6:38 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)