Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Bayfield Area Trout and Salmon

Message Subject: Bayfield Area Trout and Salmon
whynot
Posted 4/24/2019 9:32 AM (#936154)
Subject: Bayfield Area Trout and Salmon

I'm headed to Bayfield tomorrow for the day to chase salmon and trout. Anyone on here have any info they'd be willing to share as to general areas, lures, etc.? I've never been over there fishing before so anything you might be willing to share would be appreciated! Thanks!

Chris
thescottith
Posted 4/24/2019 9:53 AM (#936155 - in reply to #936154)
Subject: Re: Bayfield Area Trout and Salmon

Fish should be shallow. I haven't made it up yet but from what I have heard the bite for Coho and Browns is pretty good.
You can pretty much fish random shore line and catch fish, right out from any of the launches.....I would look at trying to find rocks, sand transitions, fish near river mouths or head out to one of the Islands and fish around it.
I would troll your favorite stick baits in your favorite colors.
whynot
Posted 4/26/2019 12:06 PM (#936306 - in reply to #936154)

Thanks! We ended up going 21/29. All coho with one steelhead mixed in. Fish we caught were mostly in 70-95' of water, all caught on shallow running plugs. It was a pretty fun day!
thescottith
Posted 4/26/2019 1:02 PM (#936312 - in reply to #936154)

Awesome, I was guessing they would have been shallower then that even. Good to hear. Coho are tasty.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)