Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> If you had to do it all again...

Message Subject: If you had to do it all again...
Beaver
Posted 2/2/2018 12:00 PM (#891102 - in reply to #891092)
Subject: Re: If you had to do it all again...

I didn't go to college. I started working the day after I graduated from high school and fished every weekend and used all of my vacation for fishing. I stayed at that job for over 30 years. Those 30 years of hard work led to the back and body problems that still persist to this day. I rarely fish for muskies now. It is just too hard on me physically, so I find comfortable ways to fish for other, more catchable species. But I fished long hours in all kinds of conditions when I was young. I put up with weekend traffic and weekend pressure for a day and a half of fishing for many years. I was forced to retire when my back pain became chronic and unbearable. It's been more than 10 years, and believe me, I miss the days of my youth when there was always something to do and somewhere to go. My daughter is in college and is staying another year so she can graduate with a double major. I see how hard she works and how little time she has for herself and I feel sorry for her. When I was her age, I had my own place, my own car and a paycheck every other Friday. I worked hard, but I also enjoyed myself. The world was different then. Lots of people I knew didn't go to college because you could go out and find a good paying steady job at one of the manufacturing places around here. Life was good. Those places are either much smaller or gone. The lack of jobs makes it tougher on the graduating class of 2017 than it was for the class of '73. That being said, do what you want. Weigh the choices carefully and then do what you think is right. You only get one shot at this. If my daughter told me that she was taking 3 months off after graduation I would totally understand. When she comes home for visits, we normally spend all of our time relaxing, because that's what she needs. Her school schedule is full and very time consuming. We all need time to decompress and get rid of the stress that plagues everyonel. If you take the 3 months and go fishing, keep your eyes open. You just might find an area or people you like who might offer you guidance and give you insight into what you want to do with the rest of your life. You might find a place where you want to put down roots. Life's an adventure,
Top H2O
Posted 2/2/2018 11:18 PM (#891158 - in reply to #891098)
Subject: Re: If you had to do it all again...

backdraft - 2/2/2018 11:43 AM

"Jeremy - who loves fly fishing more'n a fat kid likes cake! "

I was a fat kid....you have no idea the struggles.

I don't know much about fly fishing

Backdraft

draft, take a step back and take a deep breath.... All is well.
He didn't mean to insult anybody... I like Cake... No problem.
Lets Fish, and Toast Life !
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)