Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Night fishing

Message Subject: Night fishing
Saul
Posted 8/24/2017 10:15 AM (#875380)
Subject: Night fishing

I'm Curious about boat position for those of you who fish at night. I'm wondering how fast you work and if you push shallow during the night time hours. Any other points would be helpful.

Thanks!!
MuskyMatt71
Posted 8/24/2017 10:39 AM (#875385 - in reply to #875380)
Subject: Re: Night fishing

If it's high pressured lake, I'd normally push up shallower on structure at night. If not, they're probably right where you found them during the daytime. Look for bait to be suspended higher on the weed edges and that would be a good start for active fish. If you're on rocks, I like the tops during new moons and the edges during full moons. Bigger, slower, more vibration/commotion. All generalities anyways..still gotta pattern them.
FishFearMe
Posted 8/24/2017 11:21 AM (#875391 - in reply to #875380)
Subject: RE: Night fishing

In general I usually fish shallow at night, but anywhere you have seen fish during the day are the first places I target at night. I do generally fish slower too, for example slow rolling bucktails as opposed to burning them.
musky513
Posted 8/24/2017 7:12 PM (#875426 - in reply to #875380)

Super models, big crankbaits, and topwater are my usual lure choices. I don't really slow down with the supermodels or cranks, and generally fish topwater slow anyways. I will also ususally fish a little shallower than during daylight, but will go to areas I saw fish before dark first and fish them the same way I moved fish during light. Don't be afraid to fish through an area multiple times with different baits, I've had success with this tactic more than once...
Ranger
Posted 8/26/2017 9:51 PM (#875723 - in reply to #875380)

If conditions provide, i.e. flat and clear water, fire up the Q-Beam and look. You'll see all sorts of wonderful stuff between 3am and first dawn. Best I learned was the location of muskies plus areas where tanker walleye slink along the bottom in shallow water. Loop back twice, once for the muskies and then for the walleye.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)