Bigfoot Depthraider problems
muskyhunter24
Posted 12/10/2008 10:58 PM (#349134)
Subject: Bigfoot Depthraider problems

Around late September last year I bought the 12" Bigfoot Depthraider and it worked fine for about 3 weeks. Now it doesn't sink at all no matter how I work it even with a straight retrieve it doesn't dive. The lip on it doesn't have any damage and there aren't any cracks in it that I can tell. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
msky3
Posted 12/11/2008 8:49 AM (#349168 - in reply to #349134)
Subject: RE: Bigfoot Depthraider problems

I also have a Bigfoot Depthraider and the lure will not troll,jumps out to the right then jumps out to the left. You can't tune this lure.I am glad I only bought 1
AWH
Posted 12/11/2008 11:12 AM (#349190 - in reply to #349134)
Subject: Re: Bigfoot Depthraider problems

The bait may have taken on water. This has been an issue with a lot of them, unfortunately. You should be able to tell if this happened to your bait if you hold it and slowly tip it from side to side. You'll feel the water in there. The nose of the bait isn't sealed very well. If you're able to drain the water and seal the nose back up so water can no longer enter, this should cure the problem. Otherwise contact Roberts Outdoors. Even though they're only going to be handling Bucher products for a couple more months, hopefully they will still take care of it for you.

Aaron
jdsplasher
Posted 12/11/2008 6:10 PM (#349271 - in reply to #349190)

Good Luck!! I sent a bait back to Roberts years ago. The joint in the raider was separating. Bait was pulling apart. You had to be blind not to see the problem. They said quality control saw no problem with the bait and sent it back to me. I have not bought one since.

When Tom Dietz ran the show, He always stood good for the product. When Roberts took over...BAD NEWS!
Tilky
Posted 12/12/2008 12:34 PM (#349403 - in reply to #349271)

If you have any problems with the bigfoots, please contact me at
[email protected] I assure you that everything will be taken care of.