Clear Fork Lake in Ohio
Tom Dietz
Posted 5/22/2005 10:06 PM (#148100)
Subject: Clear Fork Lake in Ohio

Hi,
I went out to Clear Fork Resevoir here in Ohio this past Thursday with my Firearms Manager, Lewis Kurzawa, and I caught this 48" by 22" beauty on a 6" Reef Hawg at 10:00am in the morning. She was caught off of a wind swept point in about five feet of water, just before a major weather system pushed through. Great fight and great release along with a great net job by Lewis!! Water temp was 61 degrees.

We saw two other muskies, including a three footer and one a bit bigger prior to boating this fish. I have caught two muskies now this year so far, a 43"er from the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania in January, and now this hawg from Ohio.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(48-OHkneeling(best).jpg)

(48-OH-goodvert.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 48-OHkneeling(best).jpg (115KB - 992 downloads)
Attachments 48-OH-goodvert.jpg (101KB - 363 downloads)
mikie
Posted 5/23/2005 6:43 AM (#148132 - in reply to #148100)
Subject: RE: Clear Fork Lake in Ohio

Very nice, Tom, congrats. You'll have to show me your technique sometime. Fine fish, m
Tom Dietz
Posted 5/27/2005 10:57 PM (#148935 - in reply to #148100)

Went back up to Clear Fork today and caught this 38 inch fish (tagged in cheek #079, you can see it in the pic) on a Bucher straight model Shallowraider in Black/Gold Prism. The fish missed the lure about five feet from the boat, then hard charged after the lure into the Figure 8 manuever, and I caught her on the third pass with two feet of line out. Lots of water flying around on the hook set! It was pretty cool! Raised three other fish later on, all on the same lure, including one follow off of the same exact spot where I boated the 48" last week, and this was also a quality fish, between 42" and 44" long.

Pattern seems very consistent. Main lake points with wind. All fish caught or raised on spots like this. Trolled for several hours without a rip, marked very little baitfish in deeper water. I might head back up there on Monday, weather permitting. Good luck to all of you!

(clearfork38.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments clearfork38.jpg (92KB - 189 downloads)
sworrall
Posted 5/28/2005 8:26 AM (#148949 - in reply to #148100)

Beautiful fish, Tom. Season opens for us today here; I'll get out eventually!